Monday 16 December 2013

Bargain Beauty Buys: Higher End

So my last post was bargain beauty buys, so hey, why not carry on, I'm going to do instalments of these, any time I find a new place to shop I’ll let you know. I still have a few to tell you about so we will see how they go… the last section was more drug-store, this time I’m turning to high end and were to buy it at discount prices, I’m no expert but I’m going to share my secrets with you!

T K Maxx

Let’s talk about my ultimate favourite shop, it sells EVERYTHING! From home ware to clothing, but my much-loved section is the beauty section, they have decent brands like Essie, Stila, This works, and even Revlon. I find the best bargains are in the clearance section (so look for those little red stickers with the discount prices). I’ve picked up a pack of three Deborah Lippmann Nail Varnish’s in the clearance for £5! How amazing is that! They’re usually £12 each! The shades I got are Happy Birthday (which is the most wonderful multi coloured glitter, with chunky and fine glitter speckles), Through the fire (this one made me think of the Hunger Games, but that’s just me being sad, it’s a red with a lovely red shimmer, it’s the perfect Christmas shade, which is when I plan to wear it) and last but certainly not least is one called… wait for it.. SARAH SMILE... (I couldn’t believe it  ... I knew right then I couldn’t leave this trio, this one isn’t very exciting it’s just a muted pink, but it will be great for French Manicures or my nails but better kinda colour (I also think this is from a Sarah Jessica Parker collection or Sex and the City, but either way I NEEDED it)).


I have also bought a Butter London duo, I paid £10 for a nail varnish and a lip gloss, it’s such a beautiful Christmas glitter and would make a lovely gift, Butter London usually retails for about £12 for the polish so essentially you’re getting the lip-gloss for free with £2 off. The shade I got is called West End Wonderland, it’s basically a gold glitter with a bronze colour embedded.


Once again, most nail varnishes come in Trios, I Bought an Essie set for £12 which seems a lot, but for 3 and they’re usually £8 each, in this set I got, Capri (an oxblood red colour), Jag-u-are ( which is a red with gold shimmer) and Miami nice (which is a hot pink with a blue undertone).



And I promise this is the last trio I have bought from here was an Orly one, I received a sample of an Orly polish in my Glossy Box and loved it, which made me want more… So obviously when I came across these in T K Maxx for £8 for all 3 I couldn’t leave them. I have Peachy parrot (which as you can probably guess is a peachy shimmery colour), Le Chateau (this is a very dark green colour, but it lovely in the autumn) and the last is Le Champagne (a pearly white shade).


I now realise after both of these posts I seem like a nail varnish addict, if anyone interested in seeing my collection to prove that I’m really not, let me know.

Come back in a few days to find out about Mac for cheaper and where I got my Naked 2 palette for discount.
 S xo


No comments:

Post a Comment